With over 25,000 certificates issued annually, BRCGS for Food Safety is the world’s largest food safety standard.
The revision of the current Standard took place through 2021 and the new Issue 9 is due to be published in August 2022. This new Issue
focuses on embedding a food safety culture, plus driving continuous improvement and quality through risk-based planning. Certification
against Issue 9 will commence in audits from 1 February 2023.
This seminar has been designed to enable delegates to gain an understanding of the key changes from the prior version, 8, and includes:
- Codex updates from late 2020 factored into section 2
- Additional validation required on HACCP Plan (2.12) and Claims (5.2)
- Updating references to, “safety, authenticity, legality and quality” more consistently throughout The Standard
- Reinforcing the importance and many elements around Culture
- New section on Animal Primary Conversion (5.9)
- Focus on Internal Audits (3.4)
- Updated sections 8 (Zoning), 9 (Traded Goods) and 3.5.4 (Outsourced)
- Additional requirements for Equipment (4.6)
- Changes to Food Defence (4.2) and Food Fraud (5.4)
- Procedure requirement for NPD / EPD (5.1.1)
- Mirrored controls for X-Ray as for Metal Detection (4.10)
- Updated section on Laboratory Testing (5.6)
- Action limits related to EMP (4.11.8)
Who should attend
This is a must attend seminar for technical managers, operations, engineers, senior site managers, those who
work on supplier quality assurance schemes and auditors within the food industry.
Benefits of attending
Delegates will be given an overview of the updates of BRC Issue 9 by Campden BRI Global Quality Lead, Richard
Leathers. Other Campden BRI speakers will give insights into the upcoming changes and new requirements. Representatives and support from
BRCGS colleagues will also be presenting.
During the online seminar, delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions with a Q&A Panel.