Board of Campden BRI
The Board of Campden BRI and its powers are detailed in the Articles of Association of Campden BRI.
- The Board shall consist of not more than twenty five and no less than fifteen members
- Members of the Board are the Statutory Directors of Campden BRI
- This is a non-remunerated position
- Up–to 5 Board members can be co-opted. These appointments have historically included Independent Scientific
Advisers, Chair of the Scientific and Technical Committee and key figures from industry or government
- One third (1/3) of the Board membership must retire at each Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Campden BRI
- Current Members are as listed
The Chief Executive and Director of Finance/Company Secretary sit on both the Board and the Strategy and Risk Committee as Ex-officio Members.
Responsibility of board members
- To act as a statutory director of Campden BRI.
- To represent the views of the fee paying members of Campden BRI.
- To attend meetings of the Board and any relevant subcommittees
- The Board normally meets four times annually.
- The meetings are normally held at the Group's offices in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire.
Powers of the board
The key roles of the Board include:
- Working with the Operational Management (led by the Chief Executive) in setting the Business Strategy for the Campden
BRI Group. This includes:
- Engagement in decisions on merger, acquisition or joint venture activity
- Approval of the Business Plans
- The review of the financial performance of the Group with operational management. This includes consideration of:
- Periodic Financial Statements and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Annual review of Member subscription rates
- Major capital Investments including equipment and property
- Approval of the Financial Statements of Campden BRI as advised by the Audit Committee
- To support the Chief Executive, and his operational management team, in the running of the Group. The Board
Members provide to the Directors support, as required, with operational issues. The Group benefitting from the business and personal
experiences of the individual Board members.
- To appoint the Chief Executive and Director of Finance.
The Day to Day operations are managed by the Chief Executive supported by the Director of Finance, Knowledge Management
Director and 2 Science/Sector Directors.
The Board has a number of sub-committees to facilitate their activities. These are:
- Strategy and Risk Committee – The Strategy and Risk Committee has to formally approve the Risk Register and review the
strategic direction of Campden BRI.
- Remuneration Committee – The Remuneration Committee agrees pay awards for the Chief Executive and the divisional directors
and typically comprises the Chair and Vice-Chair and the Immediate Past Chair of the Board.
- Nominations Committee – The Nominations Committee reviews the composition of Board and the Committees and propose
nominations of new members of the above groups. It also identifies candidates for Vice-Chair and Chair of the Board, the Strategy and Risk
Committee and the Chair of the Scientific and Technical Committee.
- Audit Committee – The Audit Committee has responsibility for the review, in conjunction with the Company Auditors, of the Annual Financial
Statements and any other financial governance issues of Campden BRI.
Interested in joining the Board?
Nominations and applications for joining the Campden BRI’s Non Executive Board (NEB) are open and encouraged all year around.
We strive to ensure that our NEB has accurate representation of our very diverse membership and stakeholders base and that
we have the right combination of skills and competencies to perform at the highest level. This is essential for us to deliver our progressive and
inspiring growth strategy based on harnessing science and technology to inspire, support and drive success in the world of food and drink.
If you are passionate about supporting the development and advancement of Campden BRI as an amazing organisation by
contributing your time, thoughts and expertise, we need you!
This is a great opportunity to personally develop, continue to grow your existing network in the industry and to contribute
to the continuing success of Campden BRI as the trusted, premier, independent technical partner of choice for the food and drink industry.
For more information, please contact Bertrand Emond:
Campden BRI Board members