Board of Campden BRI
The Board of Campden BRI and its powers are detailed in the Articles of Association of Campden BRI.
- The Board shall consist of not more than twenty five and no less than fifteen members
- Members of the Board are the Statutory Directors of Campden BRI
- This is a non-remunerated position
- Up–to 5 Board members can be co-opted. These appointments have historically included Independent Scientific Advisers, Chair of the Scientific and Technical Committee and key figures from industry or government
- One third (1/3) of the Board membership must retire at each Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Campden BRI
- Current Members are as listed
The Chief Executive and Director of Finance/Company Secretary sit on both the Board and the Strategy and Risk Committee as Ex-officio Members.
Responsibility of board members
- To act as a statutory director of Campden BRI.
- To represent the views of the fee paying members of Campden BRI.
- To attend meetings of the Board and any relevant subcommittees
- The Board normally meets four times annually.
- The meetings are normally held at the Group's offices in Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire.
Powers of the board
The key roles of the Board include:
- Business Strategy
- Working with the Operational Management (led by the Chief Executive) in setting the Business Strategy for the Campden
BRI Group. This includes:
- Engagement in decisions on merger, acquisition or joint venture activity
- Approval of the Business Plans
- The review of the financial performance of the Group with operational management. This includes consideration of:
- Periodic Financial Statements and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Annual review of Member subscription rates
- Major capital Investments including equipment and property
- Approval of the Financial Statements of Campden BRI as advised by the Audit Committee
- To support the Chief Executive, and his operational management team, in the running of the Group. The Board Members provide to the Directors support, as required, with operational issues. The Group benefitting from the business and personal experiences of the individual Board members.
- To appoint the Chief Executive and Director of Finance.
The Day to Day operations are managed by the Chief Executive supported by the Director of Finance, Knowledge Management Director and 2 Science/Sector Directors.
The Board has a number of sub-committees to facilitate their activities. These are:
- Audit Committee – The Audit Committee has responsibility for the review, in conjunction with the Company Auditors, of the Annual Financial Statements and any other financial governance issues of Campden BRI.
Joining the Board
Representatives from member companies interested in joining the board should contact Steven Walker
Campden BRI Board members