At Campden BRI we are dedicated to protecting your privacy as you travel over our site and to safeguarding your personally identifiable information. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and value the trust you place in us each time you use our services and access this website. This Privacy Statement describes and explains how Campden BRI collects information and how we later use that information.
The Privacy Statement may change from time to time as we continue to develop our website and therefore we would encourage you to check back periodically. If you have any questions or concerns in connection with Campden BRI's information collection practice, as summarised in this Privacy Statement, please send an e-mail, with the subject heading "Privacy Statement" to email@example.com.
What Information Does Campden BRI Collect?
Automatic Collection Of Information
If you do nothing during your visit to the site, but browse through the website or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our website and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day. Our web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- The visitor's domain name, but not the e-mail address;
- The visitor's IP address;
- The name and release number of web browser software used;
- The operating system used;
- Date and time the visitor accessed our site; and
- The address of the website that linked to us (referrer URL).
Permission-based Collection Of Information
Information may be collected as part of fulfilling information and/or quotation requests, completion of bookings for training courses, purchasing publications, registering for membership and registering for alerts. We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission where necessary. Depending on the area of the site you visit the types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, e-mail address, the name and address of the company you work for, your position within that company, telephone and fax numbers and other information necessary to fulfil special requests.
How Will The Information Be Used?
The information we gather automatically and with your permission during your visit to our website is used in the following ways:
- Monitor, review, measure and analyse website utilization;
- Modify and enhance the website;
- Improve the content of the website;
- Respond to your enquiries;
- Process of transactions -e.g. reservation on a training course or the purchase of a publication.
- Monitor and improve our customer service efforts; and
- Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes.
Credit card and customer details
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customers details with any 3rd parties
Access And Correction Of Personal Information
You can ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. Upon request we provide site visitors with:
- Communications that the visitor has directed to our site;
- Contact information that we maintain about them; and
- A description of information that we maintain about them.
We will also correct any inaccuracies in your information at your request. Please e-mail all requests for any such information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The Information Commissioner's Office explains Cookies well.
Cookies on our website are used for the following purposes:
- To store and sometimes track visitor preferences;
- To record session information, such as items that consumers add to their shopping cart;
- To customise web page content depending on visitors browser type or other information that the visitor sends
We will never link the cookie to your personal information.
Campden BRI will not disclose any information about you to third parties without your express permission.
Protection Of Personal Information
As required by the UK Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998 Campden BRI operates strict security measures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised disclosure.
Transferring Information Overseas
Outside the UK, Campden BRI has an office in Hungary. It is possible your details or information collected may be passed to this office, but only in the event that we think this would be to your benefit.
Links To Other Websites
In order to better assist you and your for your convenience, Campden BRI provides a number of links that offer direct access to other useful or interesting websites. Inclusion of these sites via links does not imply any endorsement of the material or information on the other sites. While Campden BRI will protect your information on the Campden BRI website, it cannot control and is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites. Visitors to the Campden BRI website are encouraged to review the privacy statement of each linked site before sharing personal information.
Changes To The Privacy Statement
If we make any changes to our Privacy Statement we will post these changes on our homepage and these will become effective from the date on which notice of the changes is posted.