Campden BRI is the data controller of the personal information we collect from you. We are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with legislative requirements.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person. In order to provide you with the full range of Campden BRI services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. What information does Campden BRI collect about me?
Automatic collection of information2.2
If you do nothing during your visit to the site, but browse through the website or download information, our system (and those systems of our approved third party data processors) will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit.2.3
This information is not used to identify you personally and is aggregated to help us improve our website and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day. Our web server automatically collects and records the following information:
- The visitor's domain name, but not the e-mail address;
- The visitor's IP address;
- The name and release number of web browser software used;
- The operating system used;
- Date and time the visitor accessed our site; and
- The address of the website that linked to us (referrer URL).
Permission-based collection of information2.5
Information may be collected as part of fulfilling information and/or quotation requests, completion of bookings for training courses, purchasing publications, registering for membership and registering for alerts.2.6
We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission where necessary.2.7
Depending on the area of the site you visit the types of personal information that we collect may include your name, e-mail address, the name and address of the company you work for, your position within that company, telephone and other information necessary to fulfil your request.
3. How will Campden BRI use the information it collects about me?3.1
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including but not limited to the following:
- providing our services, activities or online content and information about them;
- dealing with your requests and enquiries, including where we have a commercial relationship in place;
- supporting the growth and sustainability of our business;
- providing you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience
- monitoring, reviewing, measuring and analysing website utilisation;
- modifying, enhancing and improving the content of our website;
- responding to any enquiries you submit;
- processing transactions, e.g. reservation on a training course or the purchase of a publication;
- monitoring and improving our customer service efforts;
- studying aggregated general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes.
4. Will Campden BRI share my personal information with anyone else?4.1
We will not pass your personal data to anyone else, except (i) to any successors in title to our business and suppliers that manage data systems on our behalfl or (ii) as is required as a matter of law or by any legimate request of government, regulatory or administrative agency. 4.2
Campden BRI operates in a number of locations with the EU and may transfer personal information to a country outside the EEA. In all such cases, we will take steps to ensure that personal data is only transferred in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
5. How long will Campden BRI keep my information?5.1
We will hold your personal information on our systems in compliance with our Data Retention Policy or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
6. How can I exercise my data protection rights?6.1
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. Furthermore you have the right to request this in a portable format.
Where we hold personal information about you with your consent you have the right to request it is deleted. Where we need to retain your personal data, e.g. to comply with statutory retention requirements, you have the right to restrict any other way we are processing your data.
If the information we hold about you contains any inaccuracies, you have the right to have those corrected.
To exercise any of your rights contact us using the details above or email us at DPO@campdenbri.co.uk. We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
- Rent book (from last 3 months).
7. Contacting Campden BRI7.1
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this policy or how we have processed your personal data please contact:
The Data Protection Officer
Gloucestershire UK. GL55 6LD
Tel: +44(0)1386 842000
If we are unable to fully resolve any issue to your satisfaction you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.