Roy Betts is a Fellow at Campden BRI, an independent international food consultancy and research organisation based in the UK. His
role is to ensure that the industry maintains a full awareness of all microbiological concerns and to help companies respond to and manage microbiological
issues relevant to them and their products. Prior to taking this role, Roy managed a large microbiology department at Campden BRI, with particular
interests in test method development and validation, and incident and crisis management.
Roy has published widely in the area of food microbiology and is a member of many committees including:
- British Standards Institute AW 9 Committee, Methods for the Microbiological of Foods and Animal Feeds
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Analytical Chemists (AOAC) Research Institute
- Member of the MicroVal General Committee for European microbiological method validation.
- Member of the European Chill Food Federation VTEC working group
- Expert reviewer for the AOAC RI for microbiological test methods
- Member of ISO TC34/SC9 WG3 – Validation of microbiological methods
Current related lecturing capacity at Campden BRI:
- MOD courses
- Client specific courses e.g. retailer courses