About Roy Betts
Dr Roy Betts is Head of Microbiology at Campden BRI, and currently manages a large team of scientists and technicians.
He is a recognised expert in food microbiology and related issues having developed the research area of rapid methods therefore giving Campden BRI an international reputation as a scientific centre of excellence within the microbiological field.
With an International reputation as an expert in food microbiology he has received personal invitations to speak at international symposia in the US, Australia, New Zealand and throughout the EU and regularly prepares papers for leading publications. Roy has presented over 100 publications/papers on food microbiology in journals and at Symposia.
Roy is a valued member of many committees including:
- British Standards Institute AW 9 Committee, Methods for the Microbiological of Foods and Animal Feeds
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association of Analytical Chemists (AOAC) Research Institute
- Member of the MicroVal General Committee for European microbiological method validation.
- Member of the European Chill Food Federation VTEC working group
- Expert reviewer for the AOAC RI for microbiological test methods
- Member of ISO TC34/SC9 WG3 – Validation of microbiological methods
Current related lecturing capacity at Campden BRI:
- MOD courses
- Client specific courses e.g. retailer courses