Food and drink labelling refresher
Benefits of attending
Food labelling legislation has changed substantially over the last few years, most recently and fundamentally with the introduction of the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation. Labellers need to be fully aware of these changes and of other laws that relate to particular aspects of food labelling in order to produce legally compliant labels.
This course is designed to give previously trained participants in food labelling an update on the essential requirements of mandatory food and drink labelling for EU Harmonised and UK legislation.
Who is the target audience for the Intensive Refresher course?
• Employees returning to work after a career break or those changing roles within the technical functions with a working knowledge of Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011;
• Technical Managers who require a broad skill set to manage technical teams or managerial responsibility for labelling functions;
• Employees involved in specifications functions for companies supplying retailers and major multiples with a working knowledge of Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011
• Update course for employees currently involved in specifications/artwork approval as part of their continued development and the company’s ongoing training programme
Training Course content
The course will provide the ‘need to know’ elements for generating compliant food and drink labels during sessions on:
• General controls on descriptions, depictions, presentation and advertising
• Specific food information controls and responsibilities
• Product names
• Allergen labelling
• Ingredient listing
• Quantitative ingredient declarations (QUID)
• Date, storage, instructions for use, name/address and origin labelling
• Quantity marking
• Product claims
• Nutrition labelling
• Availability and presentation of mandatory food information
At the end of the course delegates will:
• Cement their understanding and knowledge of relevant food and drink labelling legislation and know when to seek advice
• Implement current food and drink labelling legislation in their business and challenge when situations arise
• Recognise compliant and non-compliant labels
Delegate feedback (October 2019)
- Tutors were very good, very knowledgeable, gave good, real, examples.
- Good to have a refresher and discuss new issues - vegan and origin
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org