Vegan products – challenges and opportunities
Seminar: Thursday 28 November 2019
Campden BRI, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Members of Campden BRI: £295 + VAT
Non–members: £395 + VAT
Group discounts available on request. Contact Sian Twinning
The vegan food and drink market has grown rapidly in recent years. A huge demand for vegan and plant-based foods and drinks has been driven by lifestyle and ethical choices and environmental concerns. In 2018, 16% of food products launched in the UK had a vegan or no animal ingredients claim.
The aim of the seminar is to provide the food manufacturing sector with a comprehensive review of how the technological and nutritional challenges associated with vegan products have been addressed to deliver products acceptable to a wider audience.
The seminar will focus on understanding the issues around developing vegan and plant-based food products and how to find solutions to the issues that may arise. It will cover several topics including:
- the need for vegan and plant protein-based products
- labelling and certification of vegan and plant-based products
- the benefits and challenges of plant-based ingredients and vegan foods
- protein quality of plant-based ingredients
- the current research on nutrition and functionality of plant-based ingredients in foods and drinks
- an ingredient-based approach to plant-based ingredients and how specific ingredients can be used to make vegan products
- product manufacturing and the supply chain
Key benefits of attending
- Comprehensive review of benefits of vegan and plant-based ingredients and foods
- Industry perspectives about the challenges they face and how to overcome them
- Updates on the latest ingredient solutions to help tackle reformulation issues
Who should attend?
New product development managers, technologists, nutritionists and technical managers.
Please note that copies of the presentations will not be available on the day but will be emailed within a few days of the event as an electronic download in PDF format.
Sign up to 2 years free subscription to an online continuing professional development (CPD)tool click here for further details