Benefits of attending
Food operations need to ensure that their HACCP team members have the required knowledge and understanding of the HACCP principles. Refresher training in HACCP would help food operations demonstrate to external and third party auditors that the team's knowledge and understanding has been maintained. In January 2021 Codex Alimentarius published the revised general principles of Food Hygiene, the course includes the updates and explains the change of thinking around Food Safety Management: including clear guidance on the responsibility of food operators relating to the importance of good hygienic practices in the management of food safety hazards; the importance of the supply chain and good agricultural practices; and food safety culture.
This course is designed to give previously trained participants an update on developments in HACCP and to provide an opportunity to discuss issues regarding HACCP with an experienced HACCP specialist. To achieve this the course has a mix of tutor presentations and discussion sessions, exercises are included to promote participant involvement. The course is suitable for participants that have been previously trained at the Intermediate (Level 3) or Advanced (Level 4) levels.
Training Course content
- Updates - EU legal requirements
- Prerequisite programmes
- HACCP principles
- Sources of guidance
- New approaches to Principle 1
- Hazard analysis
- New approaches to Principle 6
- To provide an update on current approaches to HACCP
- To refresh understanding of the HACCP principles
- To provide the opportunity to discuss areas of concern with a HACCP specialist
At the end of the course, based upon a given scenario, delegates will be able to:
- Correctly explain the requirements for HACCP in current EU legislation
- Correctly explain the role of the prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Correctly explain the Codex HACCP terminology
- Accurately explain the requirement for HACCP in a given industry standard
- Explain at least 1 change that has been made to the application of the Codex HACCP principles in recent years, based upon a given HACCP principle.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Event Director - Andrew Collins
Food safety – advanced (level 4)
FSSC 22000 auditor/lead auditor course
Raw material risk assessment, live online tutor-led training course (two mornings)
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104
or at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 secure workplace
We continue to offer a range of training options so that you can continue to learn and develop.
Online courses – We are delivering tutor-led training courses online. Find out more.
Face-to-face training – Our on-site events follow strict social
distancing and safety measures. View programme.
Book with confidence – We will not charge transfer fees if you need to move your booking to another course
date or alternative course/event due to Covid-19.
Tailored training – We also provide tailored training for your teams
online or face to face.
If you have any queries, email email@example.com or call
BRI COVID-19 secure workplace video was filmed
strict COVID-19 safety
At the time of filming it was not mandatory to wear face masks on our sites. Now we ask that all staff and visitors to our sites wear face masks. Thank you.
Please view our training and development programmes listed below, and book with confidence.