Nutrition and health has become an increasingly important technical theme across the entire food supply chain, driven by
demand from consumers, regulators and retailers for increasingly healthy food and drink products. We have responded to the growth of this theme,
offering specialist support to businesses of all sizes in the following areas:
- Product innovation and renovation to meet nutrition and health targets
- Consumer acceptance studies for nutrition and health messages
- Expert guidance on emerging areas in the nutrition and health market
- Regulatory aspects of nutrition (including nutrition and health claims)
- Thought-leadership and scientific review in the field of nutrition and health
- Project management of nutrition and health innovation (including scientific substantiation activities)
- Preparation of novel health claim dossiers for regulatory approval
- Analytical determination of nutrients
As well as specific expertise in product development, and in
nutritional analysis, we can help in investigating how the
consumer will react to new concepts, flavours and health messages, advise on the
legislation surrounding nutrition labelling and the use of
nutrition and health claims, and support the preparation of
health claim dossiers. We also have extensive knowledge of the
microbiological implications of product reformulation,
and of aspects relating to agriculture and raw material production.
Nutrition and health member-funded research projects
Explore our member-funded research (MFR) projects relating to
nutrition and health.
You may also be interested in
Product innovation and reformulation is essential in the highly competitive bakery sector.
Pilot maltings and brewery produce product to commercial standard.
Assessing the gluten content and gluten-free status of raw materials and products.
We can help you look into the potential of novel ingredients.
All our services are available to support the pet food industry.
Food and drink pilot plant facilities, covering over 3000m2.
The Campden BRI group companies listed below are both accredited in accordance with the recognised International Standard
ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope of methods,
specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing laboratory number.
The schedules may be revised from time to time and reissued by UKAS. The most recent issue of the schedules
are available from the UKAS website www.ukas.com
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079
Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207