Nutritional analysis of foods allows the nutritional composition to be scientifically determined and measured. This is
important as the nutritional composition of food is of major significance to the consumer and to authorities.
Campden BRI has an extensive range of nutritional analysis capabilities, including those listed below:
- Fats - including analysis for saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, trans fats, omega 3 & 6.
- Carbohydrates - including sugars, starch, inulin, polysaccharides, polyols.
- Mineral matter and ash.
- Dietary fibre - by the AOAC method.
- Meat and fish content.
- Connective tissue in meat products.
- Minerals, trace metals and other trace elements.
- Additives - including preservatives, antioxidants, sweeteners, colours, emulsifiers and stabilisers and gelling agents.
- Organic acids - lactic, citric, malic, etc.
The Campden BRI group companies listed below are both accredited in accordance with the recognised International Standard
ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope of methods,
specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing laboratory number.
The schedules may be revised from time to time and reissued by UKAS. The most recent issue of the schedules
are available from the UKAS website www.ukas.com
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079
Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207