Helping food and drink businesses succeed through science, technology and information services
With over 2,500 member companies in 80 countries, we work closely with industry to ensure the industrial relevance of
everything we do. This includes a wide range of analysis and testing services and operational support underpinned by a vigorous programme of
research and innovation and promoted through extensive knowledge management activities. Many of the technical services are accredited in accordance
with the recognised International Standard ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates
technical competence for a defined scope of methods, specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing
laboratory number. Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079. Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS
accredited testing laboratory No. 1207.
- Manufacturing technologies - food processing (heating, chilling,freezing), aseptic technology, microwave heating, malting and brewing,
milling, baking and extrusion, process control and instrumentation, and packaging technology
- Safety assurance - including hygiene and sanitation, microbiology and preservation, processing technologies, analysis and testing
(microbiological, chemical), and quality and safety management systems
- Product development, product quality, consumer studies, market insights, brand expectations, sensory science, authenticity testing,
shelf-life evaluation, labelling and legislation
- Ingredients and raw material technologies
- Training courses and events delivered by world-class experts
- Leading industry guidance on best practice and legislation
- 3,000 sq m of laboratories for microbiology, hygiene, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, brewing and cereal science, sensory and
consumer studies, and packaging technology
- 3,500 sq m of food process hall and pilot plant facilities including malting and brewing, retorting, chilling, milling, baking, hygiene
- 800 sq m of dedicated training and conference facilities
- Dedicated consumer test centre in the UK and a subsidiary in Budapest, Hungary, providing consultancy and support to eastern Europe
See some of our facilities/equipment in operation on our video pages.
Much of our work is on a strictly confidential basis for individual companies - but you can read some examples where
clients have given permission to talk about their work in our client case studies.
Industrial relevance is maintained via frequent meetings with our 13 Member Interest Groups.
IS09001/UKAS/ORETO - We have achieved 9001 certification for all UK
activities. Many of the technical services are UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) 17025 accredited.
People: Meet our management team. Our diverse backgrounds are reflected in our
professional body memberships
Sites: More about our sites can be found here.