Sensory training for beer
Benefits of attending
By attending the course you will gain the skills and knowledge required to evaluate beers and to understand the key positive and negative characteristics.
The course is suitable for brewery employees, beer sensory panel leaders and anybody interested in developing the skills necessary to evaluate the quality of packaged beer.
Training Course content
- Sensory Analysis - an overview
- Physiological and psychological aspects of perception - the human senses
- Good sensory practices
- Overview of sensory methodology - what, why and when?
- Beer flavours (including tasting exercises)
- Practical exercises focusing on:
- beer defects and positive attributes
- evaluation of commercial suitability of beer
- quality scoring of beer samples
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of best practice Sensory Analysis
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the origins of beer flavours
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to flavour evaluation
- Recognise key beer flavours including off-flavours and taints
- Describe beer flavours effectively using a technical and common language
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org