MAP – an introduction
This course is available as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training. If you would like more information please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
By attending the course, delegates will gain a good understanding of the scientific and technical aspects relating to modified atmosphere packing of a wide range of products. The course is aimed at food technologists, packaging manufacturers and those involved in product and packaging development, particularly those new to modified atmosphere packing.
Training Course content
The course will cover the fundamentals of selecting the most suitable gas mixture, packaging materials and equipment to pack the product. Key microbiological issues will be discussed, particularly for chilled products, as will the different methods that are available for shelf life testing.
Key topics include: equipment considerations, suitability of materials, relevant legislation
• To provide technical background to enable the selection of the correct gas mixture
• To provide an understanding of the considerations relating to modified atmosphere packing equipment
• To highlight the relevant legislation relating to modified atmosphere packing
• To demonstrate the importance of selecting the correct materials and producing a good seal on a pack.
At the end of the course the delegates will be able to:-
• Name suitable gas mixtures for the main food groups
• Identify the main microorganisms associated with excluding oxygen from a package
• Identify the relevant legislation applicable to modified atmosphere packing
• Recognise a range of packaging related defects
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org