Food & drink labelling - an overview, live online tutor-led training course (Two mornings)
Benefits of attending
Food labelling legislation has changed substantially, following the introduction of the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation. Labellers need to be fully aware of these changes and of other laws that relate to particular aspects of food labelling in order to produce legally compliant labels.
This course is designed to give delegates the essential top line requirements of mandatory food and drink labelling for EU Harmonised and UK legislation.
Who is the target audience for this course?
- Employees involved in specifications functions or artwork approvers
- Employees returning to work after a career break or those changing roles within the technical functions
- Technical Managers who require a broad skill set to manage technical teams or managerial responsibility for labelling functions
- Update course for employees currently involved in specifications/artwork approval as part of their continued development and the company’s ongoing training programme
The course will be delivered live online over the course of two mornings (0900 - 1300 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session.
Training Course content
The course will provide the ‘need to know’ elements for generating compliant food and drink labels during sessions on:
- General controls on descriptions, depictions, presentation and advertising
- Specific food information controls and responsibilities
- Product names
- Allergen labelling
- Ingredient listing
- Quantitative ingredient declarations (QUID)
- Date, storage, instructions for use, name/address and origin labelling
- Quantity marking
- Product claims, including health claims
- Nutrition labelling
- Availability and presentation of mandatory food information
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Cement delegates understanding and knowledge of relevant food and drink labelling legislation and know when to seek advice
- Implement current food and drink labelling legislation in their business and challenge when situations arise
- Recognise compliant and non-compliant labels
- Contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com