Gluten free bakery products
This course is available as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training. If you would like more information please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
The market for gluten-free bakery goods has increased dramatically in recent years. A gluten-free diet is now not only a requirement for an estimated 1% of the population but also the choice of a much wider group. Gluten, a key component of wheat flour, is central to the production of a wide range of everyday and speciality baked goods. Participants in this two day course will develop both a theoretical and hands-on understanding of how to make quality bakery offerings without gluten, thereby gaining insight to and also improving access to the celiac and gluten-avoiding bakery consumer sector.
Training Course content
- Setting the scene- the need for gluten-free products, allergen control and management , legislative aspects.
- An ingredient based approach to gluten-free. How specific ingredients can be used to replace the functional properties provided by gluten.
- A process based approach to gluten-free. How modification to baking conditions can be applied to improve gluten-free baked goods quality.
- Practical time in the bakery making gluten-free breads and cakes
- Objective assessment of the quality of gluten-free baked goods.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org