HACCP for craft brewers
if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
One of the main challenges facing microbrewers concerns preparing and updating a HACCP plan. This one day course is aimed specifically at helping microbrewers to prepare or update their HACCP plan. This will fulfill due diligence requirements and satisfy EHOs that risks to the consumer are controlled.
Training Course content
The course is aimed specifically at microbreweries. The course material is based on the relevant qualification specification set by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) but is customised for microbreweries. Participants are encouraged to bring their own HACCP plan so that it can be updated during the course.
The day will consist of:
• an introduction to the legislation relevant to HACCP and the principles of HACCP
• HACCP prerequisites and an audit of the brewery to review them
• common hazards in brewing, risk assessment and controls
• identifying CCPs, monitoring, critical limits and corrective actions
Attendance therefore enables microbrewers to:
• Demonstrate that their brewery operates a HACCP system competently, which meets the legal requirement for a HACCP based procedure
• Improve their operations and produce more reliable and safe product
• Improve their credibility with retailers and other customers so that increased sales may result
At the end of the day there will be a short examination set by the Royal Society for Public Health. This has 20 multiple choice questions and successful candidates will be awarded the RSPH Foundation Certificate in HACCP (Level 2).
Gary Freeman – Event Director
- Access to key areas of scientific and industry information, including Brewing literature, regulatory updates, beer labelling, Food law notes, Research reports and our library catalogue View resources
For further information, to check availability or to enquire about further options such as delivery of the course via webex please contact us on +44 (0)1737 824244 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org