Nutrition and health claims
Benefits of attending
This course provides an understanding of the use of nutrition and health claims, combining both fundamental principles and practical examples. Delegates will also be given the opportunity to consult a regulatory expert with questions specific to their job role. Typical attendees usually include those responsible for ensuring compliance with food labelling and claims legislation, and also those involved in the design or marketing of healthy products.
Training Course content
The course will cover Regulation 1924/2006 on nutrition and health claims, nutritional labelling, consumer perception of claims and the development of products with claims.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Search for and locate authorised nutrition and health claims.
• Understand the conditions for the use of nutrition and health claims.
• Identify a non-specific health claim and understand what is required in order to be able to use a non-specific health claim on pack.
• Apply knowledge of the nutrition and health claims regulation during the development of new products.
This course can be customised and is available in house
- Food law notes: Complete on–line reference guide to UK and EU food law, codes of practice and guidance
- Food law alert: Prompt, succinct news of developments in UK/EU food law. Available to subscribers fortnightly.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com