Benefits of attending
This course is an introduction to the area of meat and meat processing. It aims to provide an understanding of the science surrounding the raw material, factors affecting its quality, its functional properties and some common processes. Other areas intrinsically related to the manufacture of meat products are also covered, e.g. legislation, microbiology, hygienic design and layout.
As well as being a product in its own right, meat in its many forms is now a core raw material in a vast industry that encompasses many forms of processing and preservation techniques. Yet it has complex properties which are affected pre and post-slaughter and during processing which ultimately affect end product quality.
Who should attend
Meat technology will be of interest to a wide array of people involved in the meat products industry. It will appeal to those involved in new product development, quality control and technical management as well as auditors and production staff. Non-technical delegates who wish to gain an understanding of meat and meat products are also welcome.
Training Course content
- The raw material - properties, structure pre- and post-slaughter, pH, cuts, factors affecting quality
- Key legislative issues
- Analysis of meat products
- Colour chemistry - cured and uncured products
- Microbiological aspects
- Hygiene considerations - especially high risk
- Meat processing - water binding, salt and phosphate, marinading, emulsions, cooking loss, forming, curing, cooking
Delegate Feedback (November 2019)
- Tutors were very good, knowledgeable, passionate about their topic.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org