Microbiology Method Validation and Verification
Benefits of attending
This new course introduces recognised approaches for method validation and practical guidance on how to apply the new requirements for in-house method verification in ISO16140 part 3.
Campden BRI has been heavily involved with the development of these ISO standards and alternative methods validated by these procedures are currently required when testing under the EC 2073/2005 Microbiology Criteria Regulations (including retained UK regulations). In future in house method verification using this new approach is expected to be required to achieve accreditation to ISO 17025 or others such as CLAS.
This course is designed for senior microbiologists, senior laboratory personnel, and technical managers wishing to understand how to adopt correctly validated methods that are suitable for testing for their own purposes or under microbiological criteria regulations within their laboratories, and how methods they wish to adopt can be verified to confirm they can achieve correct results.
Training Course content
- Why validate and verify?
- When is validation or verification needed?
- How the new Standards relate to ISO 17025 requirements for validation and verification
- Introduction to ISO 16140 series of standards
- Introduction to independent method validation systems for alternative methods
- How to interpret ISO 16140 scopes of validation
- Practical guidance on the new requirements for in-house method verification in ISO 16140-3
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand when validation or verification is needed
- Establish the validation status of their methods
- Understand scopes of application and ISO 16140 categorisations for foods/non foods
- Interpret ISO 16140 certificates/scopes of validation
- Apply the new requirements for approaching in house verification of methods in their laboratory
- Prepare for the transition for implementation of the new Standards.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com