Wheat & flour quality for bakery products
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
The course provides a balance of theory and hands-on activities to explore wheat composition, flour production and testing. The relationship between flour quality and impact on main bakery products is also covered.
You will gain or improve your skills and knowledge of the techniques used to understand the quality of wheat and flour. The course will cover the most common methods used in the industry to assess quality and will explain their role in relation to increasing your understanding of these raw materials. The importance of using the appropriate flour for a given process and end-product will be illustrated through practical exercises, including baking.
The course is suitable for delegates in the cereal, flour and baking industry who would like to develop their understanding of wheat, flour and their influence on end-product performance. This would include food technologists, technical managers and technical assistants, quality assurance supervisors and factory managers responsible for the quality of flour and baked goods where the skills will be directly applicable in your workplace. It is also suitable for retailers and cereals and flour buyers.
Training Course content
The course covers:
• Wheat composition and quality
• Wheat testing
• Milling process
• Flour composition and quality
• Flour testing methods
• Hands-on testing and baking sessions (Bread, cake and biscuit)
At the end of the course, delegates will:
• Understand the different wheat and flour qualities
• Have a practical understanding of the most common wheat and flour testing methods
• Be able to identify specific flour quality parameters key to end-product quality
• Understand the importance of targeted specifications
• Be able to carry out informed troubleshooting of process and end-product faults
Clothilde Baker – Event Director
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org