Processing, operations and preservation - Member Interest Group
This group considers the operational aspects of food manufacturing from raw material intake to finished product
Specific areas of interest include:
- processing and preservation technologies
- hygiene – through design and practices
- engineering and maintenance
- factory and equipment design
- resource utilisation and sustainability
The MIG actively promotes and supports a wide range of research initiatives on new technologies, hygiene practices and
online technologies for food process control.
The MIG is also supported by a specialist Thermal processing working group who
will discuss specific issues relating to thermal processing (pasteurised and sterilised foods).
Peter Littleton, Christeyns Food Hygiene
Vacancy - apply for role