Cooking (heating) instruction development and validation: (inc. BRC 8 compliance)
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
A one day training course with a mixture of lectures and practical sessions on all aspects of food product cooking or heating instruction development and validation. The aim of the course is to enable attendees to be fully competent in meeting the new clause 5.2.5 Instruction Validation in the BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 document.
Who should attend:
• Food product suppliers and developers.
• Retailer food product suppliers.
• Back of Pack instruction developers.
• Quality managers.
• NPD managers.
• Technical managers (food safety).
Training Course content
• Overview of requirements for BRC Issue 8 Heating / Cooking Instruction Validation.
• Achieving acceptable product quality and microbiological safety (product and process design).
• Methods, procedures data recording and reporting.
• Appliance and equipment calibration.
• Oven, grill and hob calibration (practical).
• Understanding microwave heating.
• Microwave calibration (practical).
• Packaging considerations.
• Pack labelling discussion and exercise.
Attendance on this course will give a thorough understanding of:
1. Procedures to use for Instruction Development and Validation.
2. Calibration methods for grills, hobs, ovens (gas, electric and fan-assisted) and microwaves.
3. Selection of product samples for testing including replicate trials and worst case scenario.
4. Data recording and reporting.
5. A tool kit to deal with problem products (optimising product quality).
6. Compliance with BRC issue 8 clause 5.2.5 – Instruction Validation.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com