Bread science & technology
2019 Course dates will be released in September 2018.
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
This is an advanced course taking a technical and scientific approach to dough and bread production. The course will cover a wide range of aspects within bread production, from long fermented sourdough to highly technical tin breads which are produced on automated lines, as well as “hot topics” such as gluten free baking. The combination of theory and practical will provide an insight into the ingredient functionality, production and baking methods allowing delegates to achieve better control of quality and develop products for the work place. The course is a mix of theory and practical sessions, utilising our purpose built training bakery.
Suggested job roles: Stores Managers, Plant Managers, Engineering Teams, Quality Assurance/Control and NPD roles.
The course will cover salt reduction, additives and clean label, importance of ingredients and flour, sourdough variations, and gluten free production and ingredients. Practical sessions will involve basic hand making, spiral and high speed development of dough. The practical sessions will also include impact of ingredients on dough, and other variations of processing.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the basic ingredients and processes involved in bread making.
- To demonstrate the effect of recipe manipulation in a practical environment.
- To share some methods of NPD project management from within the Bakery sector and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Identify the critical factors involved with bread recipe/process manipulation both in standard bread and gluten free.
- Gain practical experience of the effect of some of the current hot topic NPD areas e.g. salt reduction, sour dough, and fat reduction.
- Apply the theory and technical skills learnt on the course in their own working environment and job role.
Kate Woods – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org