Bread Science & Technology
|17-19 October 2017|
Members £1395 + VAT
Non–members £1815 + VAT
Benefits of attending
This is an advanced course taking a technical and scientific approach to dough and bread production.
Delegates will learn the importance of ingredients and their functionality, and impact of processing on dough. They will gain an understanding of energy input in the processing of dough and effects on product quality. Practical sessions will demonstrate the impact ingredients have on the effect of mixing.
Suggested job roles: Stores managers, Plant managers, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance/Control and NPD roles.
The course will cover salt reduction, additives and clean label, importance of ingredients and flour, and sourdough variations.
Practical sessions will involve basic hand making, spiral and high speed development of dough. The practical sessions will also include impact of ingredients on dough, and other variations of processing.
• To provide a thorough understanding of the basic ingredients and processes involved in bread making.
• To demonstrate the effect of recipe manipulation in a practical environment.
• To share some methods of NPD project management from within the Bakery foods sector and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
• Identify the critical factors involved with bread recipe/process manipulation
• Gain practical experience of the effect of some of the current hot topic NPD areas e.g. salt reduction
• Apply the theory and technical skills learnt on the course in their own working environment and job role
Kate Woods – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org