Food allergen cleaning validation and analysis - live, online tutor-led training
Benefits of attending
This interactive half day online module has been developed to provide participants with the scientific principles and techniques underpinning the validation and verification of allergen cleaning as a control within food allergen management systems. The key analytical methods within allergen testing will be explored, with practical insight given into the consideration of data and how food businesses can work best in partnership with laboratories to inform allergen control practices and protect consumers.
The concepts of food allergen cleaning validation and analysis will be delivered through tutored sessions, discussions, and case study exercises during the module.
This module is aimed at individuals and roles that are or will be involved in the design, implementation, review, and audit of food allergen cleaning or are the function within the organisation that is responsible for analysis or liaising with laboratories.
The module will be delivered live online over the course of a morning (0900 - 1230 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session.
Training Course content
- The principles of food allergen cleaning validation and verification.
- The practicalities of sampling to support food allergen analysis and consideration of the data to inform validation and verification of food allergen controls.
- Test methods for food allergens and insight into the analytical laboratory.
- The outputs of food allergen testing including the report or certificate and how to interpret the results.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Correctly apply the principles of food allergen cleaning validation and verification.
- Correctly apply the practices of sampling to support food allergen analysis.
- Apply knowledge of allergen test methods, the analytical laboratory and outputs, including reporting, interpretation, and considerations of the analytical data, to correctly inform validation and verification of food allergen controls.
The fee includes a 45 minute prerequisite video on Food Allergen Awareness, the session will ensure a sound awareness of food hypersensitivity and common food allergens. Clinical aspects of food allergy will be discussed as well as the foods that cause reactions and the implications for food businesses.
This is a standalone module within the Food Allergen Management Course Series. The other two modules cover: Food Allergen Control, and Food Allergen Communication and Labelling. A discount is available when booking one or more modules at the same time, along with the opportunity to undertake the RSPH Level 2 Award in Identifying and Controlling Food Allergy Risks (provided participants have completed the prerequisite session and modules 1 and 3).
Modules in the series can be customised and are available to be delivered inhouse.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com