Communicating food allergen information – live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
This half day course provides essential guidance on understanding the legal requirements (EU harmonised and UK) and current best practice relating to provision of food allergen information. The course covers allergen labelling of prepacked food, NEW requirements for prepacked for direct sale products (Natasha’s law), communication of allergen information for food sold loose (e.g. in catering establishments or delicatessens) and for free-from allergen foods and precautionary allergen declarations.
Legislation concerning the provision of food allergen information continues to develop, as regulators react to advances in the understanding of prevalence and high profile incidents. The legal, social and reputational responsibility of the food industry remains to provide food that is safe for those with food allergy, and communication of allergen information to consumers is of vital importance. The course is designed to provide delegates with essential understanding of the EU harmonised and UK legal requirements on provision of allergen information. Where specific legislative obligations are not defined, the course imparts crucial knowledge of best practice.
This course does not cover management, risk assessment or analysis of allergens; just the legal requirements and best practice relating to provision of food allergen information.
Who is the target audience for the course?
- Employees involved in specification functions or approving artwork
- Technical Managers who have responsibility for labelling functions
- Those involved with overseeing provision of allergen information for loose food e.g. catering or delicatessen or food prepacked for direct sale
The course will be delivered live online over the course of one morning, participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session. Electronic materials will be issued in advance of the course.
Courses are limited to 10 people to ensure an interactive and engaging course for all participants.
Training Course content
The course will provide the ‘need to know’ elements for provision of allergen information, including:
- Allergen information for prepacked and prepacked for direct sale food
- Allergen information for food sold loose
- Precautionary allergen declarations
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how to comply with relevant requirements of legislation regarding allergen information
- Be aware of best practice in provision of allergen information where there are no specific legislative obligations
- Be able to recognise compliant and non-compliant allergen information
- contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
Delegate feedback (Oct 2020):
- The tutors were really successful, they were able to convey the essence of allergen labelling without missing important points or unneccessarily lengthening the course, the content was right on point and the time management was great too.
- Clearly presented, good amount of detail on slides, informative and engaging.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org