Food additives, flavourings and enzymes: food improvement agents package
|9 April 2019|
|19 November 2019|
Members £595 + VAT
Non–members £775 + VAT
Benefits of attending
With the amalgamation of several EU Directives on food additives and the changes in the food categorisation system, the course provides an in depth understanding of the legal framework relating to food additives, enzymes and flavourings and expands on the changes that the Food Information to Consumers Regulation has brought about for additives labelling.
The day will be a mixture of lectures and practicals aimed at professionals with responsibility for technical aspects of product development and maintenance and also those who are involved in the marketing of pre-packed foods containing additives. Attendees will be able to apply the knowledge gained from this course to their work environment, ensuring compliance with the FIAP, and having the ability to label products within the legal framework.
Who should attend:
• New product development technologists
• Specification technologists
• Technical managers,
• Regulatory Affairs teams
Training Course content
Food Additives Regulation 1333/2008
• Food Categorisation system
Flavourings Regulation No. 1334/2008
• The new definitions
• Union List
• Smoke Flavourings
Enzymes Regulation 1332/2008 and the positive list
Enforcement Food Additives, Flavouring, Enzymes and Extraction Solvents (England) 2013
Labelling Aspects under Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 (FIC)
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Search for and locate additives in different food categories;
• Understand the conditions of additive use and where restrictions apply;
• Apply the knowledge of the additives legislation during development of new products.
Karen Bird – Event Director
- Food law notes: Complete on–line reference guide to UK and EU food law, codes of practice and guidance
- Food law alert: Prompt, succinct news of developments in UK/EU food law. Available to subscribers fortnightly.