Food Additives, Flavourings and Enzymes: Food Improvement Agents Package
|7 November 2017|
|13 November 2018|
Members £575 + VAT
Non–members £745 + VAT
Benefits of attending
Following our successful Hot Topics in Food Additives and Flavourings Seminar in 2015, we are launching a one day course on food additives, Enzymes and Flavourings (known as the Food Improvement Agents Package – FIAP).
With the amalgamation of several EU Directives on food additives and the changes in the food categorisation system, the course will provide an in depth understanding of the legal framework relating to food additives, Enzymes and Flavourings and will clarify the changes that the Food Information to Consumers Regulation has brought about for additives labelling.
The day will be a mixture of lectures and practical’s aimed at those with responsibility for new product development but also those who are involved in the marketing of pre-packed foods containing additives. Attendees will able to apply the knowledge gained to their work environment and ensure compliance for their business with the FIAP, with the ability to label products within the legal framework.
Who should attend:
• New product development technologists
• Specification technologists
• Technical managers,
• Regulatory Affairs teams
Training Course content
Food Additives Regulation 1333/2008
• Food Categorisation system
• Recent amendments (Lakes/Restricted colours etc)
• Recent changes for meat preparations
Flavourings Regulation No. 1334/2008
• The new definitions
• Union List
• Smoke Flavourings
Enzymes Regulation 1332/2008 and the positive list
Enforcement Food Additives, Flavouring, Enzymes and Extraction Solvents (England) 2013
Labelling Aspects under Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 (FIC)
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Search for and locate additives in different food categories;
• Understand the conditions of additive use and where restrictions apply;
• Apply the knowledge of the additives legislation during development of new products.
Helen French – Event Director
- Food law notes: Complete on–line reference guide to UK and EU food law, codes of practice and guidance
- Food law alert: Prompt, succinct news of developments in UK/EU food law. Available to subscribers fortnightly.