FSSC 22000 auditor/lead auditor course
Venue for 2020 courses to be confirmed.
|3-7 February 2020|
|16-20 March 2020|
|11-15 May 2020|
|22-26 June 2020|
|21-25 September 2020|
|2-6 November 2020|
|30 November-4 December 2020|
Members £2250 + VAT
Non–members £2900 + VAT
The cost includes meals and four nights' accommodation
Watch a tutor talk about the course
Benefits of attending
If you work in the food and drink manufacturing sector, either as an employee of a food and drink manufacturer or for an auditing body, such as a certification body or regulatory authority, and you need to learn about the FSSC 22000 certification scheme and associated food safety management system requirements
if you work in the food and drink manufacturing sector and wish to develop your knowledge of ISO 22000 and ISO 22002-1 (PAS 220). ISO 22000 covers requirements for a food safety management system for any organisation in the food chain. ISO 22002-1, previously known as PAS 220, covers prerequisite programmes on food safety in the food and drink manufacturing sector. From July 2018 the course content will be against the new standard ISO 22000: 2018.
You wish to acquire a qualification recognised globally by FSSC 22000 (Food Safety System Certification 22000).
Training Course content
- The purpose of a food safety management system
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards, including the significance of these for FSSC 22000 auditors.
- The purpose, content and interrelationship of the following management system standards: ISO 22000 and PAS 220/ISO 22002-1.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO 22000 and PAS 220/ISO 22002-1 and their application during an audit of an organisation's food safety management system.
- How to undertake the role of an auditor, to plan, conduct and report an audit of a food safety management system.
Before attending this course delegates should ideally have carried out internal audits, as well as previously attending an internal auditing course. Delegates HACCP knowledge should be equivalent to UK L3 (intermediate) or above. Due to the nature of the course an advanced knowledge of English reading, verbal and comprehension skills are required.
For delegates attending from industry/manufacturing there is no requirement to take an exam, for those delegates who intend to work as a (Lead) Auditor for a Certification body there is a requirement to take a mandatory exam which is in addition to the continuous assessment pass/fail criteria that forms part of the course. The exam takes place upto three months after the course has finished and is held at our Chipping Campden Site – there will be an additional charge of £190 + vat to cover the cost of the exam, the cost includes a 1 hour refresher session and packed lunch prior to the exam. You will be given the opportunity to sign up for the exam during the course.
Delegate feedback (September & November 2019)
- The course was very useful especially in the practical examples and exercises.
- It has given me more experience and more confidence.
- Better understanding of both the standard and techniques to use when conducting the audit.
- I believe it will make me a better auditor and auditee in terms of awareness of the standard when we are audited again.
Richard Leathers – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
For the July 2018 course and later courses you will be required to obtain a copy of BS EN ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems – Requirements for any organisation in the food chain and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009, obtainable from:
The Stationery Office (TSO)
Tel: +44(0)333 200 2425
Tel: +44 (0) 345 086 9001
For further information or to check availability contact the Training Department on +44 (0)1386 842104 or