Thermal processing - continuous flow, live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
Over recent years there has been great development in the way we are able apply heat to fluid products in an efficient and safe way, bringing improvements in flavour and nutritional retention. Liquid products can be given a heat treatment rendering them commercially sterile whilst they are continuously being pumped and then filled aseptically to ensure food safety over a long ambient shelf life (known as UHT processing). Also, acidified products such as fruit juices can be pasteurised is a similarly efficient way, known as HTST processing. Practically any liquid food can be thermally processed continuously and many in fact are, particularly in the dairy, baby food and beverage sectors.
This one-day online course is first and foremost a thermal processing course. It takes content from our popular 2-day Thermal Processing & Validation course but is relevant specifically to continuous flow processing. It is designed for those with interests in continuous processes such as UHT or HTST, who would like an overview of the key food safety consideration for designing, developing and monitoring these thermal processes.
The course will be delivered live online over the course of one day, participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session.
Training Course content
Thermal processing operations where fluid product is heated whilst continuously flowing
This course provides a broad overview of continuous thermal processing that is concise and accessible using an online one-day format. Thermal fundamentals such as thermal microbiology, lethality calculations are covered with additional sessions specific to the operations of continuous flow systems.
- Thermal microbiology overview
- Direct & indirect heating methods
- Holding tube calculations
- Thermal process monitoring, verification & validation for continuous flow
- Introduction to aseptic processing & filling
- Process deviations & troubleshooting
For an all-encompassing course on thermal processing, covering both in-pack and continuous methods of processing to a higher level of detail, see the 2-day Thermal Process Validation Course.
Delegate Feedback (Sept 2020):
- I found the course extremely useful. It was one of the best courses that I have been on in a while and met my expectations exactly.
- Fantastic course. The two tuors were brilliant. It was obvious both had extensive experience which made it easy to understand what they were saying.
- I thought the course was extremely worthwhile and gained a great deal from it.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com