Microbiology measurement uncertainty: meeting the new requirements for ISO 19036
This course can be run as a tailored option for those who have a number of staff who would benefit from the training or if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
This course provides practical guidance on how to apply the new requirements for ISO19036: Microbiology of the food chain – Estimation of measurement uncertainty for quantitative determinations
Campden BRI has been heavily involved with the development of this new standard and will structure the content on the requirements in the DIS (Draft International Standard) or FDIS if published, and any future changes.
We expect this standard to be required by accreditation bodies to fulfil ISO 17025:2017
This course is designed for senior microbiologists, senior laboratory personnel, and technical managers wishing to under-pin and further their knowledge of measurement uncertainty.
• Why estimate Measurement Uncertainty?
• ISO 17025 requirements for Measurement Uncertainty
• Introduction to draft ISO 19036
• Practical approach to Measurement Uncertainty
• Reporting Measurement Uncertainty
• Introduction to the Campden Excel workbook
• ISO 17025 requirements for reporting Statements of Conformity, Decision Rules and consideration of Measurement Uncertainty
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
• Identify sources of uncertainty within the analytical procedure
• Generate and assemble the required data
• Carry out the calculations
• Correctly report results
Delegate Feedback (November 2019)
- It was explained very well and gave a good detailed overview of how to get started with measurement of uncertainty.
- Very good balance and flow between tutors in terms of covering each of their topics in detail, explanations, hints and tips on how to combine testing.
- Both tutors successful, some difficult concepts covered clearly, and questions addressed well to support this.
- I learnt a lot from this course compared to what I knew entering this morning, format, material and layout were very good.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org