Beer Labelling & Regulatory Issues For Brewers - live online tutor-led training course (two mornings)
Benefits of attending
Food labelling legislation has changed substantially over the last few years, most recently and fundamentally with the introduction of the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation. Labellers need to be fully aware of these changes and of other laws that relate to the brewing industry in order to produce legally compliant labels.
This course is designed to give delegates the essential top line requirements of mandatory food and drink labelling for EU Harmonised and GB legislation now the UK has left the EU single market, and a look at the regulatory issues facing brewers and marketers in today’s competitive world of brewing.
Who is the target audience for this course?
- Employees involved in specifications functions, artwork approvers and brewers
- Technical Managers and brewers who require a broad skill set to manage technical teams or managerial responsibility for labelling functions
- An update course for employees currently involved in artwork approvals and new product development (NPD) as part of their continued development and the company’s ongoing training programme
The course will be delivered live online over the course of two mornings (0900 - 1300 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session.
Training Course content
The course will provide the ‘need to know’ elements for generating compliant food and drink labels and the regulatory issues brewers need to consider when manufacturing beer and cider:
- General controls on descriptions, depictions, presentation, and advertising
- Specific food information controls and responsibilities
- Product names, including use of the term ‘craft’
- Allergen labelling
- Ingredient listing and Quantitative ingredient declarations (QUID) – do beers and ciders need them?
- Date, storage, instructions for use, name/address, origin labelling and quantity marking
- Product claims on alcohol, including low and no alcohol products
- Nutrition labelling
- Availability and presentation of mandatory food information
- NPD consideration for new ingredients, water quality and sourcing raw materials
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Cement delegates understanding and knowledge of relevant food and drink labelling legislation and know when to seek advice
- Implement current food and drink labelling legislation in their business and challenge when situations arise
- Recognise compliant and non-compliant labels
- Understand the challenges facing brewers when developing new products
- Contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org