Developing products with nutrition, health and other marketing claims, live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
Participants who have previously attended the Campden BRI Product claims and nutrition information labelling online course will benefit from attending this half day course to further develop their knowledge. It is particularly suitable for all those involved in the development of new products where nutrition or health claims will be made.
This course aims to provide participants with the knowledge to ensure that new products are developed to meet the requirements of proposed claims and avoid costly reformulation when compliance to the regulation are checked. It includes a practical exercise in working with the Health Claims database and gaining an understanding of the conditions required to make various claims. It also considers aspects of nutrition subject to the national obesity strategy such as the reduction of and marketing restrictions of high fat, salt and sugar foods, and advertising codes of practice.
A requirement to attend the course is the completion of the product claims and nutrition labelling on line course. Typical attendees usually include those involved in the design, development, or marketing of healthy products.
The course will be delivered live online over the course of one morning (0900 - 1300 hours approx), participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session.
Training Course content
The course will cover
- An introduction to the development of healthy products and consumers perception of claims
- An overview of the approval process for a new health claim
- Making a 5 a day claim
- Practical desk based exercise in designing a new product with health and nutrition claims
- High fat, salt or sugar (HFSS) food – How to assess a product as a potential HFSS food in terms of restrictions for advertising and promotions
- A review of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy (Sugar tax) in relation to soft drink products
- Common misleading advertising pitfalls
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Search for and locate authorised nutrition and health claims.
- Understand the conditions and wording for the use of nutrition and health claims.
- Apply knowledge of the requirements and restrictions of relevant legislation during the development of new products.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com