Hot topics in food microbiology conference
Conference: 10 – 11 October 2018
Campden BRI, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6LD, UK
Members of Campden BRI: £350 + VAT
Non–members: £450 + VAT
Group discounts available on request. Contact Sian Twinning
Keep in touch with current and future microbiological issues affecting the safe production of food at the annual Hot Topics in Microbiology Conference. This popular conference will look at various areas of concern and keep delegates up to date with the latest information. New issues are always arising and there will be opportunities for discussion on a wide range of microbiological issues with news and updates on food production related topics.
The two day conference will include:
- An overview of the South African Listeria outbreak, including the lessons learnt from Woolworths PTY, South Africa
- Information on the problem of Pseudomonas biofilms in water systems and their control
- A comprehensive account of nanocomposites as antimicrobial agents
- An overview of how to protect the consumer and brand by minimising contamination
- A general overview of Salmonella, Campylobacter, Listeria and E coli STEC and how they can be controlled
- Information on the microbial challenges of developing novel beverages
- The results of Campden BRI’s latest research into Clostridium botulinum
- Information on the International Listeria in frozen sweetcorn issue
The conference will be useful for food and beverage laboratory personnel, microbiologists and technical managers, food manufacturers, quality assurance staff, food safety managers.
Who should attend?
Food and beverage laboratory personnel, microbiologists and technical managers, food manufacturers, Quality Assurance staff, food safety managers
Conference dinner at Sudeley Castle
The conference dinner will be at the Sudeley Castle and will feature a guest appearance by "Henry VIII"
Event Director: Fiona Cawkell
Please note that copies of the presentations will not be available on the day but will be emailed within a few days of the event as an electronic download in PDF format.
Sign up to 2 years free subscription to an online continuing professional development (CPD)tool click here for further details