Hot topics in microbiology: Campden BRI conference
Campden BRI's Hot Topics in Microbiology conference, to be held on 13-14 October, will help the industry keep in touch with current and future microbiological issues affecting the safe production of food. This popular event will look at major points of concern, ‘horizon‐scan‘ and keep delegates up to date with the latest information and understanding.
Event director Fiona Cawkell comments:
"The annual conference provides knowledge and opportunities for discussion on a wide range of microbiological matters associated with food, and this year will include the following:
- The role of the AW9 (British Standards Institution) Committee
- The effect of salt reduction on the growth of spoilage bacteria
- Whole genome sequencing and its application to food microorganism testing
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Sensitive detection of Campylobacter jejuni
- Staphylococcus aureus
- US Food Safety Modernization Act"