Member funded research 2017
Each year you, our members, decide how we should invest over £2m of your membership fees in research that helps your company to succeed. This year you have selected the following projects that complement about 40 that are ongoing. More information about these projects will be available as they get underway.
- Hygienic design: retrospective modification of existing plant
- Food safety and traceability using protein profiling
Quality and value
- Quality and safety of cereal–based products and ingredients for the food and brewing industry
- ‘Shelf–Life Plus’: enhanced shelf–life evaluation using microbial profiling
Nutrition, health and well–being
- Ingredient selection to meet compositional and nutritional targets
Resilience and efficiency
- A practical approach providing systems to evaluate threats and risks to assure the safe management of the supply chain
Skills and knowledge
- A reference source: the microbiological effects of food processes
- Review of novel natural preservative systems for use in drinks, sauces and other high Aw foods
At our winter Member Interest Group round, members will get the chance to help shape and direct these projects. Please come along and have your say – these projects are ‘with members, for members’. Information about current research is available through project websites, Research Summary Sheets and R&D Reports, all on the research section of our website.
Contact: Harry Williams