CLAS (the Campden Laboratory Accreditation Scheme) is the leading independent laboratory accreditation scheme for food industry laboratories.
CLAS was established specifically to meet the need for a recognised standard for food, drink and allied laboratories.
CLAS will help these in achieving consistent, reliable and verifiable results. Nowadays this is often seen as essential in securing relationships
with existing clients and acquiring new ones.
Benefits of CLAS
- Verifies technical competence.
- Gives confidence in results.
- Assists Due Diligence Defence.
- Contributes to other quality systems/certifications (e.g. BRC, ISO 9000).
- Experienced, technically competent assessors.
- Clear reporting and categorisation of audit findings.
- Addresses principles of International Laboratory Quality Standard ISO 17025.
- Sets standards for good laboratory practice.
- Complies with BRC Global Standard – Food.
- Has broad applicability:
- Food, Drink, Water, Environmental, Cereal, Toiletries, Raw Materials.
- Microbiology, Chemistry, Milling, Sensory.
- Over 200 laboratories covered annually from the UK and overseas.
- Practical, prompt, efficient service operated under Campden BRI ISO 9001 certification.
Added value built into assessments
- Positive feedback.
- Advice on resolution of nonconformances.
- Suggestions to improve operations and enhance efficiency.
If you would like further information or prices please email us at
email@example.com or call our switchboard on +44(0)1386 842000 and they will be happy to direct your call to the relevant person.
Where we refer to UKAS Accreditation
The Campden BRI group companies listed below are both accredited in accordance with the recognised International Standard
ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope of methods,
specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing laboratory number.
The schedules may be revised from time to time and reissued by UKAS. The most recent issue of the schedules
are available from the UKAS website www.ukas.com
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079
Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207