CLAS (the Campden Laboratory Accreditation Scheme) is the leading independent
laboratory accreditation scheme for food industry laboratories.
CLAS was established specifically to meet the need for a recognised standard for food, drink and allied
CLAS will help these in achieving consistent, reliable and verifiable results.
Nowadays this is often seen as essential in securing relationships
with existing clients and acquiring new ones.
Benefits of CLAS
- Verifies technical competence.
- Gives confidence in results.
- Assists Due Diligence Defence.
- Contributes to other quality systems/certifications (e.g. BRC, ISO 9000).
- Experienced, technically competent assessors.
- Clear reporting and categorisation of audit findings.
- Addresses principles of International Laboratory Quality Standard ISO 17025.
- Sets standards for good laboratory practice.
- Complies with BRC Global Standard – Food.
- Has broad applicability:
- Food, Drink, Water, Environmental, Cereal, Toiletries, Raw Materials.
- Microbiology, Chemistry, Milling, Sensory.
- Over 200 laboratories covered annually from the UK and overseas.
- Practical, prompt, efficient service operated under Campden BRI ISO 9001 certification.
Added value built into assessments
- Positive feedback.
- Advice on resolution of nonconformances.
- Suggestions to improve operations and enhance efficiency.
Bowtie risk assessment tool to help you manage risks.
Campden BRI are regularly involved in a wide range of auditing services.
Widely recognised within the industry for our expertise in HACCP.
We can help clients in all aspects of quality management.
Our HACCP products and services are based
on extensive experience helping with the development and implementation of
Leading scheme for laboratories. Established
specifically to meet the need for a recognised standard for food, drink and allied laboratories.
Drives delivery of consistent, accurate,
reliable, defendable and timely results for the benefit of retailers and their suppliers.
The Culture Excellence Program is a unique solution for the measurement, analysis and improvement of safety and quality culture
Food analysis and testing
Explore our analysis and testing related courses including; calculating meat content and wine analysis
Are you getting the most from your Membership?
Watch our membership FAQ videos and find out more about Member Service Account spending, Member Interest Groups, help and advice
Where we refer to UKAS Accreditation
The Campden BRI group companies listed below are both accredited in accordance with the recognised International Standard
ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope of methods,
specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing laboratory number.
The schedules may be revised from time to time and reissued by UKAS. The most recent issue of the schedules
are available from the UKAS website www.ukas.com
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079
Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207