Research programme 2018
Read our latest research programme to find out about over 50 research and development projects, including our member funded research projects and collaborations with universities and research organisations. The projects are grouped around industry needs - safety; quality and value; nutrition, health and well-being; sustainability, resilience and food security; and, skills and knowledge.
It also contains the contact details of the project managers if you want to find out more or get involved.
The new member funded research projects for 2018 are:
- Next generation methods for microbiological and chemical food safety
- Rapid methods for hygiene determination
- Microbiological shelf life testing - new approaches
- Functionality of novel ingredients from natural sources
- Novel natural preservative systems for use in drinks, sauces and other high aw foods
- Inactivation of bacterial biofilms - new approaches
- Design and modelling of the impact of food structure on food texture
- Clean label sugar reduction
- Mitigating food fraud - best use of analytical screening tools
- Sampling for hazards: a practical guide