Energy Saver Tool
Campden BRI and KWA Business Consultants have developed a self-assessment benchmarking tool for energy use. This is aimed at brewery groups. It enables the user to- benchmark performance on process level, identify best practise and calculate energy and cost savings.
The key benefits are:
- it is based on Campden BRI and KWA's extensive experience of benchmarking energy use in the brewing industry and identifying energy and cost saving measures
- it can be customised to suit individual brewery groups needs
- it combines benchmarking and energy saving measures in single tool
The main features of Energy Saver
- Basic data input: The user inputs production data, energy use (based on energy bills) and energy costs - this is used in subsequent phases to calculate the cost saving potential of possible measures. The programme calculates fuel consumption (MJ) and CO2-emsissions related to energy consumption.
- Energy distribution: This input sheet enables the user to allocate total electricity consumption and total fuel / heat consumption to the specific process unit operations in the brewery.
Energy saving measures: The user can select from over 100 energy saving measures those that are viable and the software provides the opportunity to enter the energy saving calculations and payback times of the selected measures.
- Results group : The programme compares your results with a best practice plant (benchmark) that has the same configuration (production processes, marketing mix, location, etc.) as your plant. Results can be displayed for overall energy consumption or broken down into total fuel and total electricity use. Results can also be shown per process unit as tables giving the energy ratio compared to the best in class range, energy and cost saving potential and CO2 emissions. Data can also be shown as trend graphs or as a management report which enables a regular summary to be prepared for management meetings.
- Extra: this contains the manual and the backup facilities
If you would like further information or prices please email us at
email@example.com or call our switchboard on +44(0)1386 842000 and they will be happy to direct your call to the relevant person.
Where we refer to UKAS Accreditation
The Campden BRI group companies listed below are both accredited in accordance with the recognised International Standard
ISO17025:2017 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). The accreditation demonstrates technical competence for a defined scope of methods,
specific to each site, as detailed in the schedules of accreditation bearing the testing laboratory number.
The schedules may be revised from time to time and reissued by UKAS. The most recent issue of the schedules
are available from the UKAS website www.ukas.com
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079
Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207