BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8
What are the main changes?
- New sections – production risk zones and traded goods
- Food safety and quality culture – compulsory requirement
- Separate clauses for supplier approval and monitoring – clause 126.96.36.199 for supplier approval and clause 188.8.131.52 for ongoing supplier monitoring
- Food defence needs to be risk assessed, defined, documented, controlled, monitored and reviewed – clauses 4.2.1, 4.2.2, and 4.2.3
- Risk based programmes for environmental monitoring – clause 4.11.8
- The need to validate cooking instructions and shelf-life
- Training on labelling procedures
- Cyber security related to documents, records and equipment settings
- Understanding the significance of laboratory results
- Traceability procedures
- Defining root cause analysis
Overview of main changes?
Guide to the key changes to the standard
Video: Richard Leathers discusses Issue 8 changes
Slide presentation: Issue 8 – what can we expect?
You may also be interested in
Bowtie risk assessment tool to help you manage risks.
Campden BRI are regularly involved in a wide range of auditing services.
Widely recognised within the industry for our expertise in HACCP.
We can help clients in all aspects of quality management.
Our HACCP products and services are based on extensive experience helping with the development and implementation of HACCP–based systems.
Leading scheme for laboratories. Established specifically to meet the need for a recognised standard for food, drink and allied laboratories.
Drives delivery of consistent, accurate, reliable, defendable and timely results for the benefit of retailers and their suppliers.
The Culture Excellence Program is a unique solution for the measurement, analysis and improvement of safety and quality culture
BRC 8 training courses
Are you getting the most from your Membership?
Where we refer to UKAS Accreditation
Campden BRI (Chipping Campden) Limited is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1079 Campden BRI (Nutfield) is a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 1207