Food and drink labelling
|Full||26-27 June 2019|
|10-11 September 2019|
|26-27 November 2019|
|10-11 December 2019|
Members £895 + VAT
Non–members £1155 + VAT
Benefits of attending
Food labelling legislation has changed substantially over the last few years, most recently and fundamentally with the introduction of the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation. Labellers need to be fully aware of these changes and of other laws that relate to particular aspects of food labelling in order to produce legally compliant labels.
Who is the target audience for the 2 day labelling course?
• Employees new to food labelling who need to acquire a comprehensive understanding of how to generate compliant labels;
• Employees who complete specifications, generate product labels, sign off art work;
• NPD Technologists and employees transferring roles within the technical function.
The course will provide detailed knowledge and experience of generating compliant food and drink labels during sessions on:
• General controls on descriptions, depictions, presentation and advertising
• Specific food information controls and responsibilities
• Product names
• Allergen labelling
• Ingredient listing
• Quantitative ingredient declarations (QUID)
• Date, storage, instructions for use, name/address and origin labelling
• Quantity marking
• Product claims
• Nutrition labelling
• Availability and presentation of mandatory food information
At the end of the course delegates will:
• Be able to interpret relevant food and drink labelling legislation and know when to seek advice
• Understand how to implement current food and drink labelling legislation in their business in order to generate compliant labels
• Recognise compliant and non compliant labels
Helen French – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
- Food law notes: Complete on–line reference guide to UK and EU food law, codes of practice and guidance
- Food law alert: Prompt, succinct news of developments in UK/EU food law. Available to subscribers fortnightly.