Product claims and nutrition information labelling, live online tutor-led training course
Benefits of attending
This half day course provides essential guidance on understanding the legal requirements (EU harmonised and UK) and current best practice relating to provision of compliant nutrition information and product claims. The course covers statutory nutrition and health claims, voluntary marketing and lifestyle claims including ‘Plant based’ and ‘Vegan’ claims and also provides detailed guidance on all aspects of mandatory and voluntary nutrition labelling information including front of pack nutrition statements. Where specific legislative obligations are not defined, the course imparts crucial knowledge of best practice and considers potential developments and changes as a result of the UK leaving the EU.
Who is the target audience for the remote Product Claims and Nutrition Information course?
- Designed for those responsible for generating accurate and compliant nutritional product and claims information.
- Employees involved in specification functions or approving artwork
- Technical Managers who have responsibility for labelling functions
- Marketing personnel involved with the communication of product information, brand awareness and promotional marketing materials either on pack or in commercial communications such as advertising, websites or social media platforms.
The course will be delivered live online over the course of one morning (0900 - 1300 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session. Electronic materials will be issued on the day of the course.
Training Course content
The course will provide the ‘need to know’ elements for provision of product claims and nutrition information, including:
- Statutory requirements for making nutrition and health claims;
- Considerations for the use of voluntary marketing claims in food information;
- Consideration of the commercial context is included.
- Content and presentation of mandatory nutrition information;
- Presentation and considerations for voluntary repetition of nutrition information.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how to comply with relevant requirements of legislation regarding product claims and nutrition information;
- Be aware of best practice in provision of product claims where there are no specific legislative obligations ;
- Be able to recognise compliant and non-compliant product claims in the context of a commercial communication;
- Understand the requirements for the provision of compliant nutrition information;
- Be aware of best practice for the provision of voluntary nutrition information.
- The course contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com