Sensory evaluation in the manufacturing industry – quality control
Benefits of attending
This course provides information on the essentials of using sensory evaluation in industry to monitor sensory quality control. Delegates will be taught the principles of sensory screening and how to screen assessors in order to have confidence in feedback during taste panels; best practice, vocabulary generation and understanding; and specification development. Methodology for quality control will be demonstrated with the aim of providing a variety of solutions to manufacturing objectives.
Typical attendees usually include those with basic knowledge or who are new to sensory science. They will gain an understanding of the importance of using sensory evaluation techniques to monitor and help improve quality of products in the food and drink industry. This course will fulfil the requirements of BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 (BRC 8).
Training Course content
- Overview of sensory science – its application in quality assessments and benefits of use
- Techniques used for screening of sensory assessors
- Techniques for training of screened assessors
- Practical considerations for sensory testing – best practice, facilities and assessors
- Methodology used in the management of sensory quality control
- To provide detail in the essential requirements of sensory for quality control
- To demonstrate the process of screening as a fundamental requirement of sensory panel recruitment
- To discuss how assessor, method, sample and environmental factors can have an impact on results
- To introduce a variety of sensory methodology to monitor quality control in the manufacturing process
- To provide essential requirements and capabilities to comply with BRC 8
At the end of the course you will be able to: -
- Recruit a sensory panel for quality control purposes.
- Understand why the screening process is so valuable in determining assessor competency by participating in a series of relevant practicals.
- Identify suitable assessors for specific tasks.
- Lead a discussion why best practice is important in the work place
- Identify the differences in sensory quality control methodology and where/why they could be used
- Gain an understanding of the sensory requirements for BRC 8.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org