Biscuit Science & Technology
|28-30 November 2017|
Members £1395 + VAT
Non–members £1815 + VAT
Benefits of attending
This is an advanced course taking a technical and scientific approach to dough and biscuit production.
Delegates will learn the importance of ingredients and their functionality, and impact of processing on dough. They will gain an understanding of different ways of processing dough, and effects of storage. Practical sessions will demonstrate the impact ingredients have on the effect to quality.
Suggested job roles: Stores managers, Plant managers, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance/Control and NPD roles.
The course covers salt reduction, additives and clean label, importance of ingredients and flour, and ingredient variations.
Practical session will involve basic planetary, spiral and high speed development of dough. The practical sessions will also include impact of ingredients on dough, and other variations of processing.
• To provide a thorough understanding of the basic ingredients and processes involved in biscuit making.
• To demonstrate the effect of recipe manipulation in a practical environment.
• To share some methods of NPD project management from within the Bakery foods sector and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
• Identify the critical factors involved with biscuit recipe/process manipulation.
• Gain practical experience of the effect of some of the current hot topic NPD areas e.g. salt reduction.
• Apply the theory and technical skills learnt on the course into their own working environment and job role.
Andrew Hughes – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org