Biscuit science and technology
Benefits of attending
This is an advanced course taking a technical and scientific approach to biscuit and cracker production. Delegates will learn the importance of ingredients and their functionality, how to mix and process “hard” and “soft” doughs. The course will include equipment and processes used for industrial biscuit and cracker production and how to produce good quality samples from a test bakery.
Suggested job roles: NPD managers and technicians, quality assurance/control operators, plant managers, process engineers, technical staff from ingredient suppliers.
Training Course content
The course covers the importance of ingredients such as flour, fat and sugar as well as ingredient variations; other topics comprising salt and sugar reduction, additives and clean label will also be introduced. Practical sessions will cover all the main techniques used to produce biscuits and crackers and include physical changes that take place when ingredients levels are changed or replaced. Practical sessions will demonstrate the impact ingredients have on the baked biscuits size, shape and texture and include recipe variations showing how changing ingredient quantities can be used to reformulate products.
- To provide a thorough understanding of the basic ingredients and processes involved in biscuit making.
- To demonstrate the effect of recipe manipulation in a practical environment.
- To share some methods of NPD project management from within the Bakery foods sector and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Identify the critical factors involved with biscuit recipe/process manipulation.
- Gain practical experience of the effect of some of the current hot topic NPD areas e.g. salt reduction, sugar replacement and fat reduction.
- Apply the theory and technical skills learnt on the course into their own working environment and job role.
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com