Cake science and technology
Benefits of attending
Training is a vital tool in achieving optimal cake quality. A holistic approach combining both cake science and technology based insights, can increase technical knowledge, and create more efficient production; adding significant value to a companies supply chain.
Suggested Job Roles: Technical and quality staff, NPD roles, management
Training Course content
A wide range of subjects are covered throughout this course, including:
- Major ingredient functionality – flour, egg, fat, sugar etc.
- Minor ingredient functionality – enzymes, emulsifiers, raising agents etc.
- Cake processes – mixing methods and high vs low ratio products
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Water activity and mould free shelf life
This intensive three day course provides an insight into ingredient functionality, processing methods, and baking profiles; thus extending technical knowledge, promoting practical skills, and addressing key trends within the baking industry.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- By the end of the course, delegates will be able to explain the functionality of ingredients in cake technology, and apply this to practical recipe formulation.
- Gain experience of cake processes and methods including current trends such as sugar reduction and free from technology.
- Delegates will also learn how to apply their knowledge to their own job role and work environment.
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org