Cake science and technology
Benefits of attending
Training is a vital tool in achieving optimal cake quality. A holistic approach combining both cake science and technology based insights, can increase technical knowledge, and create more efficient production; adding significant value to a companies supply chain.
Suggested Job Roles: Technical and quality staff, NPD roles, management
Training Course content
A wide range of subjects are covered throughout this course, including:
- Major ingredient functionality – flour, egg, fat, sugar etc.
- Minor ingredient functionality – enzymes, emulsifiers, raising agents etc.
- Cake processes – mixing methods and high vs low ratio products
- Fault diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Water activity and mould free shelf life
This intensive three day course provides an insight into ingredient functionality, processing methods, and baking profiles; thus extending technical knowledge, promoting practical skills, and addressing key trends within the baking industry.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- By the end of the course, delegates will be able to explain the functionality of ingredients in cake technology, and apply this to practical recipe formulation.
- Gain experience of cake processes and methods including current trends such as sugar reduction and free from technology.
- Delegates will also learn how to apply their knowledge to their own job role and work environment.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com