Cake Science & Technology
|14-16 November 2017|
Members £1395 + VAT
Non–members £1815 + VAT
Benefits of attending
Cake Science & Technology is an advanced course taking a technical and scientific approach to batter and different production techniques.
Delegates will learn the importance of ingredients and their functionality, and impact of processing on batter. They will gain an understanding of differences on the processing of batter, and effects on final texture. Practical sessions will demonstrate the impact ingredients have on the effect to mixing, and product quality.
Suggested job roles: Stores managers, Plant managers, Engineering teams, Quality Assurance/Control and NPD roles.
The course will cover impact of fat in batter systems, additives and clean label, importance of ingredients and flour, and sugar variations.
Practical session will involve basic cake making, planetary and high speed mixing of batter. The practical sessions will also include impact of ingredients on batter, and other variations of processing.
• To provide a thorough understanding of the basic ingredients and processes involved in cake making.
• To demonstrate the effect of recipe manipulation in a practical environment.
• To share some methods of NPD project management from within the Bakery foods sector and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
• Identify the critical factors involved with cake recipe/process manipulation.
• Gain practical experience of the effect of some of the current hot topic NPD areas e.g. salt reduction.
• Apply the theory and technical skills learnt on the course into their own working environment and job role.
Andrew Hughes – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org