Food technology for non-food technologists
Watch a tutor talk about the course
Benefits of attending
Campden BRI’s Food technology for non-food technologists is a popular course for food industry staff in non-technical roles. During this 2 day course delegates will be introduced to a wide range of technical and scientific considerations faced by their own food technologists and will enhance their own skills through an increased knowledge of the basic principles of food technology. Typical attendees are those transferring from different professions, looking for a refresher course or have no prior knowledge of food technology or food industry, for example, engineers, administrators, marketing and sales personnel.
Training Course content
This course will provide basic knowledge of food microbiology, preservation and poisoning, as well as typical quality changes in products. Also covered will be basic food legislation, processing of chilled/frozen and heat treated food, development of new products, methods behind sensory evaluation and an insight into packaging and baking. Practical demonstrations within our processing halls are included.
• To provide an introduction to food technology to non-technical people
• To demonstrate practical examples of food technology used within the industry
• To share Campden BRI's experiences of food technology and to encourage debate around the topics discussed through delegate participation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
• Identify different organisms and their effect on product spoilage and safety, along with basic knowledge on food preservation and allergens in food.
• Have a basic understanding of food law, hygiene procedures and HACCP.
• Have an understanding of food processing for chilled, frozen and heat treated foods. As well as an understanding of sensory evaluation and new product development.
• Become aware of different types of packaging and available testing methods. Along with some quality control measurements in food and beverage products.
Delegate feedback (September 2019)
- Very informative and enthusiastic about their areas of work and expertise. Mostly interactive and vey open to answering questions.
- Practical activities, microbiology and chemistry backgrounds to food testing, good subject variety. The sequence of talks, they built up on one another, useful case studies to back up theory.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org