HACCP for engineers
Benefits of attending
This course is designed to give engineers involved in equipment design, manufacture and installation a good understanding of the concept, principles and terminology of HACCP. The course will identify, evaluate and control hazards that engineers come across in their day-to-day work, it will cover the potential impact of activities such as maintenance, design calibration and safe systems of work that may have an impact on product safety. This is achieved through a mix of tutor presentations, short exercises and a case study, with plenty of discussion.
Training Course content
- Why is food safety important?
- Background to HACCP
- Hazards and spread of contamination
- Good manufacturing practice (prerequisite programmes)
– Hygienic design
– Planned maintenance
– Personnel hygiene
- Application of principles of Codex HACCP principles
- Benefits of HACCP
At the end of the course, based upon a given scenario, delegates will be able to:
- Correctly explain the role of the prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Draw an accurate process flow diagram
- List at least 5 chemical, physical and biological food safety hazards based upon a given scenario
- Correctly explain the Codex HACCP terminology
- Apply all the elements of the Codex HACCP principles, including the preparatory stages
- Accurately explain the role of the engineer in helping to manage food safety.
- Delegates have the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised Intermediate Level (3) qualification in HACCP
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org