Food processing hygiene management (course in 2 modules)
2020 dates will be released at the end of September 2019
if you would like to register your own interest to attend this course on the next available date please complete the enquiry form
Benefits of attending
The course provides relevant information to enable Hygiene Management to meet the ever increasing food safety requirements placed on food businesses by customers, retailers and third party audit bodies. The course has been specifically devised for those involved in managing or assessing hygiene operations/ activities in the food or beverage processing sector, technical managers and those who wish to demonstrate that they have a competent person in charge of their hygiene. It is recommended that delegates are qualified in Level 4 Food Safety.
This professional qualification is run in conjunction with Holchem Laboratories Ltd and Totrain and is the only nationally accredited course dealing specifically with the management of hygiene in the food processing/manufacturing sector. The qualification is broadly comparable to the level of study required for a Level 4 NVQ/SVQ.
The course comprises of a 1 x 3 day module and a 1 x 2 day module - attending all five days is mandatory to successfully complete the course. Assessment is through submission of a portfolio of evidence consisting of a series of 'work-books' and assignments, the latter being employment based. The work-book is submitted for marking and moderation and, if successful, the candidate is awarded with a Level 4 certificate in Food Processing Hygiene Management by Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance.
Training Course content
Study Block 1 (3 days)
• staff selection, training, motivation and retention
• role management of contractors and suppliers
• Legislation and 3rd party standards
Hazard Identification, Management & Control:
• Microbial, allergen, species chemical & foreign body management
• Hygienic design
• Hazard management and control model
Study Block 2 (2 days)
Cleaning and Disinfection:
• Detergents and disinfectants
• Stages of cleaning
• Open plant cleaning
• Washing machines
• Cleaning in place
• Validation monitoring and verification
• Sampling, testing, documentation and reporting
At the end of the course you will be to:
• Understand the effectiveness and suitability of different detergents and disinfectants.
• Critically assess the available methods that can be used for open plant cleaning and the suitability of each type.
• Understand the place of food safety management systems.
• Understand the legislative framework that a food business operates in.
• Understand the cleaning validation process.
• Understand the importance of recording information about the management of the hygiene process.
• Understand the importance of personal hygiene and its potential impact on food safety.
• Recognise the available rapid and routine techniques for assessing micro, allergens, species and physical contamination.
Jo Rathkey – Event Director
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com