Labelling for alcoholic beverages, live online tutor-led training course.
Benefits of attending
Labelling requirements for alcoholic beverages is a fast-moving area of food law and keeping abreast of the changes, especially divergences between the EU and GB, is becoming increasingly important for manufacturers and importers of these drinks.
This course is designed to give delegates a top line of the general food labelling provisions that are most applicable to alcoholic beverages, and then take a deeper look into the specific provisions that govern labelling of wines, spirits, and alcoholic beverages based on these.
Who is the target audience for this course?
- Employees new to labelling of alcoholic beverages who need to acquire a comprehensive understanding of how to generate compliant labels
- Employees looking to update their labelling knowledge and keep up-to-date with new changes
- Employees of business looking to expand into new areas, particularly either wine or spirit based RTDs (Ready to drink)
The course will be delivered live online over the course of two mornings (0900 - 1300 hours), participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session.
Training Course content
The course will provide the essential elements of food labelling that apply to alcoholic beverages, including the most up-to-date information on developments in nutrition, ingredient labelling for alcohol. The labelling aspects of spirits and wine regulations will be covered in detail. The course will cover:
- Mandatory information and its presentation
- Naming of products
- Claims, including low/no alcohol
- Quantitative ingredient declarations
- Exemptions to the Food Information to Consumers Regulation for wines and spirits
- Allusions and compound terms in spirits and spirit-based drinks, including geographic indications (GIs)
- Recent developments in wine labelling both in the EU and UK
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Be able to interpret relevant spirit, wine and general food labelling legislation and know when to seek advice
- Understand how to implement current alcoholic beverage labelling legislation in their business in order to generate compliant labels
- Recognise compliant and non compliant labels
- Contributes towards delegates continuing professional development
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org