Calculating meat content
Benefits of attending
This will be suitable for all staff, managers and food technologists who need to be able to calculate meat content confidently. Data from delegates’ own products can be used if desired and time will be allocated to allow delegates to discuss individual problems with meat content and added water analysis.
The course includes a significant practical aspect and following information on how to calculate meat content, delegates will be guided by tutors to calculate the meat content (and added water content) of a range of meat products from both analytical data and recipes.
Training Course content
- What meat declarations does the law require?
- Basic meat calculations on raw and cooked meat
- Added water in meat
- More advanced calculations for connective tissue and fat allowances
- Meat calculations from recipes for QUID
- An overview of the industry standard Clitravi approach
Delegates will have a working knowledge of various aspects of meat content and will be able to check analytical certificates and recipe based declarations for accuracy.
Delegate feedback (October 2019)
- Tutors were clear on the instructions and helpful with the practical tests, very knowledgeable
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org