Sensory evaluation – an introduction, live online tutor-led training course
Optional IFST Foundation exam will take place from 1130 - 1215 hours on Friday 12th March - this will be remotely delivered and invigilated (exam is included in the course fee).
Benefits of attending
This live, interactive online course provides information on principles of sensory science, the human senses and how they are used in sensory evaluation practices, sensory methodology and best practice when conducting these methods. Typical attendees usually include those with basic knowledge or who are new to sensory science. They will gain an understanding of the importance of objective sensory evaluation activities in the food and drink industry. Attendees will also get the opportunity to gain a qualification in Sensory evaluation (IFST accredited – foundation level).
The course will be delivered live online over the course of a day, participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session.
Courses are limited to 10 people to ensure an interactive and engaging course for all participants.
Training Course content
- Introduction to sensory science - definitions, applications and benefits
- Physiological and psychological aspects of perception - the human senses
- Practical considerations for sensory testing – best practice, facilities and assessors
- Basic requirements of sensory functions
- An introduction to the three main types of methodology in sensory science and its uses
- A brief introduction to sensory statistics and interpretation of terminology
- To provide an introduction to the principles of sensory science
- To show practical demonstration of the screening process when using sensory assessors
- To highlight the importance of conducting best practice
- To show the differences in sensory methods using demonstrated practical activity
- To understand how quality systems can be used within a sensory function
- To introduce statistical terminology and how statistics are used in Sensory Science.
At the end of the course you will be able to:-
- Recruit a sensory panel
- Screen new assessors to determine their sensory acuity
- Use new training techniques gained on the course to get the best out of your panel
- Explain why best practice is important
- Define the differences in the three main categories of sensory methodology and its uses
- Understand the basic sensory statistical terminology used and how to interpret it
- Demonstrate competency and awareness by passing an end of course exam.
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com