Advanced HACCP Course – live online tutor-led training course (delivered over 6 modules)
Course is delivered in 6 modules from 0900 - 1300 hours on the following dates: 19, 21, 23 , 26, 28 and 29 April 2021
Benefits of attending
Obtain the knowledge and skills to design, implement and verify food safety management systems based upon the Codex HACCP principles. A highly interactive online course, experienced tutors will provide practical guidance with much emphasis on case studies and group exercises.
The course will be delivered over 2 weeks, in 6 modules. Each module will be 4 hours long and run from 0900 - 1300 hours. Participants will need to attend all 6 modules. The course will be delivered live online and participants will be sent log in details for a WebEx Training session.
As it is not an introductory level course it is only suitable for participants with an existing knowledge and understanding of HACCP. It is a requirement that delegates have previously successfully completed an Intermediate Level (3) HACCP training course, or equivalent. The course is equivalent to a Level 4 qualification.
Training Course content
Module 1 – 19 April 2021
- Background to HACCP (National and international role); Legislation relating to HACCP, including role of Codex Alimentarius; Prerequisites Programmes.
Module 2 – 21 April 2021
- Practical application of the HACCP principles (1); Preparatory Stages including role of Team leader and the Team. Skills and training requirements for Team.
Module 3 – 23 April 2021
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 1, 2.
Module 4 – 26 April 2021
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 3,4,5,6.
Module 5 – 28 April 2021
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 6.
Module 6 – 29 April 2021
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 7; Implementation of HACCP.
Optional assignment and exam - the course is accredited with REHIS and participants will need to submit a written assignment of 4,500 words for marking within three weeks of the completion of the course. On successfully passing the assignment, participants will be able to sit a 3 hour written exam remotely on Monday 7th June 2021. If successful in the exam, participants will be awarded the REHIS Advanced HACCP Course Certificate.
At the end of the course, based upon a given scenario, delegates will be able to:
- Correctly explain the background to HACCP and the role of Codex including the revision of the general principles of food hygiene
- Correctly explain the role of the prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Correctly explain the Codex HACCP terminology and why it is important
- Apply all of the elements of the Codex HACCP principles, including the preparatory stage
- Plan how to develop and implement HACCP into a given sector of the food industry
- Compare the different roles of validation, verification and review and explain how they can be applied to a given scenario
- Plan the development of the HACCP team
- Compare the application of the HACCP principles for a given scenario within the guidelines stated by Codex Alimentarius.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com