Advanced HACCP, live online tutor-led training course (6 mornings)
Course is delivered in 6 modules from 0845 - 1315 hours on the following dates: 2, 4, 6, 9, 11 & 13 September 2024
Benefits of attending
Obtain the knowledge and skills to design, implement and verify food safety management systems based upon the Codex HACCP principles. A highly interactive online course, experienced tutors will provide practical guidance with much emphasis on case studies and group exercises.
The course will be delivered over 2 weeks, in 6 modules. Each module will be 4 hours long and run from 0845 - 1315 hours. Participants will need to attend all 6 modules. The course will be delivered live online and participants will be sent log in details for a Microsoft Teams session.
As it is not an introductory level course it is only suitable for participants with an existing knowledge and understanding of HACCP. It is a requirement that delegates have previously successfully completed an Intermediate Level (3) HACCP training course, or equivalent. The course is equivalent to a Level 4 qualification.
Training Course content
- Background to HACCP (National and international role); Legislation relating to HACCP, including role of Codex Alimentarius; Prerequisites Programmes.
- Practical application of the HACCP principles (1); Preparatory Stages including role of Team leader and the Team. Skills and training requirements for Team.
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 1, 2.
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 3,4,5,6.
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 6.
- Practical application of Principles of HACCP; Principles 7; Implementation of HACCP.
Optional assignment and exam - the course is accredited with REHIS and participants will need to submit a written assignment of 4,500 words for marking within three weeks of the completion of the course. On successfully passing the assignment, participants will be able to sit a 3 hour written exam remotely on 9 December 2024 in the afternoon. If successful in the exam, participants will be awarded the REHIS Advanced HACCP Course Certificate.
At the end of the course, based upon a given scenario, delegates will be able to:
- Correctly explain the background to HACCP and the role of Codex including the revision of the general principles of food hygiene
- Correctly explain the role of the prerequisite programmes in food safety management
- Correctly explain the Codex HACCP terminology and why it is important
- Apply all of the elements of the Codex HACCP principles, including the preparatory stage
- Plan how to develop and implement HACCP into a given sector of the food industry
- Compare the different roles of validation, verification and review and explain how they can be applied to a given scenario
- Plan the development of the HACCP team
- Compare the application of the HACCP principles for a given scenario within the guidelines stated by Codex Alimentarius.
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com