Food safety – advanced (level 4)
|16-20 March 2020|
|15-19 June 2020|
|28 September-2 October 2020|
|23-27 November 2020|
Members £880 + VAT
Non–members £1140 + VAT
Benefits of attending
Food safety, hygiene and the prevention of contamination are key factors in the manufacture and production of food and in food service. (Those responsible for these areas are required to be trained to manage the situation.) Those responsible for the management of food operation need to be trained to a level that enables them to demonstrate their competency.
Senior staff involved in the management of the production of food or food service need to be aware of the wider aspects of food safety. This programme is intended for managers with overall responsibility for food safety in their company, hygiene managers or those who plan to train others at the introductory/ foundation level.
The five-day Level 4 course offered by Campden BRI has four days of training and two written exam papers on the fifth day. The course is approved by the Royal Society for Public Health.
As it is not an introductory level course it is only suitable for participants with an existing knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and HACCP at a Level 3 level of knowledge. It is a requirement that delegates have previously successfully completed an Intermediate Level (3) Food Safety training course, or equivalent.
Training Course content
- Relationships between food hygiene and food-borne illness and the socio-economic cost of food-borne illness and their relationship to food safety
- Characteristics and classification of bacteria
- Causes and control measures of food-borne illnesses
- Physical contamination of food and its prevention
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Training strategies
- Management control techniques
Optional Advanced Level (4) written exam - The exam can be taken either on the last day of the course or at a later date. Some individuals would prefer to reflect on the learning and the opportunity to spend more time on practice papers and will benefit from the delayed exam date. Other individuals will prefer to take the exam on the last day of the course, whilst the information is still fresh. The choice of which exam date is entirely down to the individual. The exam fee is included in the cost of the course. Delegates wil take the RSPH Level 4 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene (Manufacturing).
Delegate feedback (September and November 2019)
- Tutor was very good, engaging, lots of involvement, giving a lot of experiences and examples; excellent subject knowledge.
- Very good as had some insights from a manufacturing/auditing perspective.
- Pace, delivery, knowledge and execution, all perfect
Andrew Collins – Event Director
This course can be customised and is available in house
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at email@example.com