Food safety – advanced (level 4)
Benefits of attending
Food safety, hygiene and the prevention of contamination are key factors in the manufacture and production of food and in food service. (Those responsible for these areas are required to be trained to manage the situation.) Those responsible for the management of food operation need to be trained to a level that enables them to demonstrate their competency.
Senior staff involved in the management of the production of food or food service need to be aware of the wider aspects of food safety. This programme is intended for managers with overall responsibility for food safety in their company, hygiene managers or those who plan to train others at the introductory/ foundation level.
The five-day Level 4 course offered by Campden BRI has four days of training and two written exam papers on the fifth day. The course is approved by the Royal Society for Public Health.
As it is not an introductory level course it is only suitable for participants with an existing knowledge and understanding of Food Safety and HACCP at a Level 3 level of knowledge. It is a requirement that delegates have previously successfully completed an Intermediate Level (3) Food Safety training course, or equivalent.
Training Course content
- Relationships between food hygiene and food-borne illness and the socio-economic cost of food-borne illness and their relationship to food safety
- Characteristics and classification of bacteria
- Causes and control measures of food-borne illnesses
- Physical contamination of food and its prevention
- Food storage, temperature control and preservation
- Design and construction of food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Pest control
- Personal hygiene
- Training strategies
- Management control techniques
Optional Advanced Level (4) written exam takes place on the last day of the course. The exam fee is included in the course fee. Delegates wil take the RSPH Level 4 Award in Food Safety and Hygiene (Manufacturing).
This course can be customised and is available in house - please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our training team will be happy to help with any enquiry on +44(0)1386 842104 or at firstname.lastname@example.org